These eggless goats cheese and sun dried tomato mini muffins are a breeze to rustle up and taste great. They are perfect bite sized snacks. And one can practically make and enjoy them in half and hour or perhaps even less.
Christmas and New year celebrations have long been done and dusted and already seems like a distant memory. However, for those of us who hail from Assam ( a state in the North East of India), the festivities have been continuing till the weekend. Magh / Bhogali Bihu is celebrated towards the middle of January, to celebrate the end of the harvesting season. Hence it calls for feasting and yet another occasion to be busy in the kitchen; to rustle up delicacies to be enjoyed with friends and family.
Now that the festive season is well and truly over for some time; trying to get back to the rhythm with the general cooking and baking. These cute looking, bite sized goats cheese and sun dried tomato mini muffins are a perfect bake to enjoy as a little savoury treat. I first created this recipe when the kids were little. It used to be one of their favourite after school snacks; but we are still fond of them.
These are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven; if eating later, just reheat a little in the microwave.
Continue reading for the full recipe for these eggless goats cheese and sundried tomato mini muffins.
All the baking recipes on this website can be found here.
You might also like to try the following recipes from this website-
Subscribe to Sunita’s World – life and food! to receive updates on latest posts, tips and recommendations straight to your inbox! Simply fill in the details below. Thank you!
On another note, if you try any recipe from this website, do take a photo and tag me on instagram @sunita_bhuyan. I would love to see your creations! Also, do connect on other socials too; links to all my socials are given below-STAY CONNECTED:
Eggless goats cheese and sundried tomato mini muffins
- 1 cup plain whole wheat flour (atta)
- 50 gms goats cheese
- 3 heaped teaspoons of sundried tomato paste
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅓ tp crushed red chillies (more or less)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of soda
- 1 cup milk
- a little poppy seeds for sprinkling
- Pre heat the oven at 180 deg C and grease a mini muffin tray.
- Except the milk, add all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Rub together the ingredients in the bowl with your fingertips till it resembles fine crumbs.
- Add the milk and fold in till everything is just moistened.
- Fill the mini muffin moulds till nearly to the top and sprinkle a little poppy seeds on top.
- Bake in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for about 11-13 minutes or till the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot. They taste best directly from the oven.
- Reheat the muffins a little in the microwave if serving later.
You might also like to try these other recipes from this website-
Until next time,