Starting with something sweet for the first post of the new year with these chocolate cashew diamonds. These treats are not overtly sweet, nutty and melt in the mouth. And it’s not too hard to whip up a batch.
A new year!
Hope you have all had a great start to the new year! Wishing you all the very best in the days, weeks and months ahead.
The past year has been eventful for me. After a gap of a few years, I started to get back into the world of food blogging ( something that I first started way back in 2006 ) – a fresh new start with this new domain. As I have mentioned here, this is an entirely new domain as I unfortunately had a mishap with the first one and wasn’t able to pick up from where I left. It was quite daunting to start afresh. But I am so glad I took the leap. But with all of your support, I am so glad that I did take the leap. many thanks for all your support!
A huge thanks to all of you, both old and new readers who have supported this space; old readers and friends for your messages of support, and to all the new readers for visiting this website and leaving feedback when you’ve tried any recipe. I look forward to your continued support this year too and I hope to fill this space with more delectable recipes that you can recreate in your own kitchens.
Sharing an old favourite sweet treat to start off the new year. This also comes from the notebook. It is an easy recipe to whip up. I have given an idea for the topping, but they taste great even without. And by the way, the ‘diamond’ in the title just refers to the shape that I cut them in. you can cut them into whatever shape you wish- squares, rectangles etc.
Continue reading for the full recipe for these yummy chocolate cashew diamonds.
All the baking recipes on this website can be found here.
You might also like to try the following recipes from this website-
Subscribe to Sunita’s World – life and food! to receive updates on latest posts, tips and recommendations straight to your inbox! Simply fill in the details below. Thank you!
On another note, if you try any recipe from this website, do take a photo and tag me on instagram @sunita_bhuyan. I would love to see your creations! Also, do connect on other socials too; links to all my socials are given below-STAY CONNECTED:
Chocolate cashew diamonds
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 100 gms plain chocolate, melted and cooled a little
- ¾ cup plain whole wheat flour (atta)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sunflower / vegetable oil
- 2 cups cashew nuts, roughly ground
- some double cream, icing sugar, and a little cocoa powder
- Pre heat the oven at 170 deg C and line and grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and fold into the egg mixture.
- Add the oil and mix well.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Place the dish in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for approximately 18 minutes or till very little sticks to a toothpick when inserted through the centre( do not let it dry out too much).
- Cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes and then peel off the parchment.
- Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
- Cut into squares or diamonds to serve
- If you want to go on with the topping, just whip together some double cream, a little icing sugar and cocoa powder till thick and pipe it or just spread it on the top ( I have not given specific measurements for the topping; use according to your preference)
You might also like to try these other recipes from this website-
Until next time,