Sharing the whole wheat blueberry and coconut muffins that I baked some time ago. They are really easy to whip up and needs no fancy equipment. And yes, they are full of blueberries, bursting as they bake to release their flavours. The coconut gives a nice bite.
August has been a busy month. With two birthdays at home, day outs, catching up with with friends on weekends after ages, baking for friends’ special anniversary, a house guest…the month just flew by! Cooking and baking, along with chats and laughter have been at the heart of all these events. It was really lovely to catch up with friends after such a long time. If the pandemic has taught one thing, it is that we shouldn’t take anything for granted. We are lucky to be on the other side so far and grateful to be able to resume doing things that were taken for granted.
Coming back to these muffins, I made them to use up a batch of blueberries a couple of weeks ago. They are quite simple to make and turns out quite soft and moist.
Continue reading for the full printable recipe for these whole wheat blueberry and coconut muffins.
Whole wheat blueberry and coconut muffins
- 1¼ cup plain whole wheat flour (I used atta)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1½ cup fresh blueberries
- Pre heat the oven at 180 deg C and line a muffin tray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, yogurt and sugar for minute.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and tip in the egg mixture.
- Fold in till everything is just moistened and just mixed together.
- Add the blueberries and fold in gently.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases until filled three quarters of the way up.
- Place the tray in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 20-21 minutes or till the tops are firm and springy.
- Take out the tray and place on a cooling rack for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the tray and cool completely on the rack.
- Keep ay leftovers in an airtight container.
All the baking recipes on this blog can be found here.
You might also like these other recipes from my blog-
Until next time,
SunitaFOLLOW ME FOR UPDATES: