This refreshing watermelon and grapefruit limeade is the perfect thirst quencher for the unusual rise in temperatures that we have been experiencing recently. It is easy to make and looks pretty too!
What can I say about the weather! We have seen such extremes this year. Proper summery days have been so few and far between. Until a few days ago, it was feeling like the first flush of autumn. And since the last couple of days, we have been experiencing temperatures in the high twenties (celcius). Not complaining though; hopefully it will help to ripen the last few tomatoes on the vine and other fruits in the garden before production stops for this year.
The rising temperatures mean that it’s been the Asperfect cold drinks weather. This watermelon and grapefruit limeade is a quick and easy non alcoholic drink that can be put together in advance and put in the fridge to chill till needed. Then, all you have to do is add some ice cubes to the bottom of a glass and pour the drink over them and enjoy.
This is a healthy drink too. It is filled with the goodness of watermelon and grapefruit, which also lend their beautiful hue. All the rest of the ingredients complement each other. And yes, it’s sweetness comes from the fruits and a couple of spoonfuls of honey, making it a drink on the much healthier side.
Continue reading for the full, printable recipe for this watermelon and grapefruit limeade.
Subscribe to Sunita’s World – life and food! to receive updates on latest posts, tips and recommendations straight to your inbox! Simply fill in the details below. Thank you!
Watermelon and grapefruit limeade
- ½ of a regular sized watermelon
- juice from 2 grapefruits
- juice from 2 limes
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- a few mint leaves , torn
- Ice cubes
- sprigs of mint and slices of lime to garnish (optional)
- Chop, and peel the watermelon and add to a food processor.
- Pass the watermelon from the food processor through a sieve and collect the juice.
- Add the watermelon juice, along with the rest of the ingredients to a jug.
- Mix everything together well and chill in the fridge till needed.
- To serve, add ice cubes to the bottom a glass, stir the chilled limeade and and pour over the ice cubes.
- Add a sprig of mint and a slice of lime on the edge of the glass to garnish (optional)
Other drinks recipes on this website can be found here.
You might also like to try these other recipes from this website-
Until next time,