I don’t cook with prawns very often and when I do, I usually stick to quick and easy recipes. The following recipe, for chilli, garlic and coriander prawns, however is a keeper. It’s very easy to make and cooks in less than 10 minutes.
The fact that the prawns were precooked did speed up the time as well. So, if you need to rustle up a quick and easy starter to impress or just enjoy yourself – because it is oh so good- something that you can’t stop reaching for after one, and you’ve got a pack of pre cooked prawns in your freezer, this could be it.
When one cooks for the family, there are always going to be certain recipes that gain favour with some more than the others. Our young lady is surely very much fond of this one.
After the prawns are added to the pan, cook for the remaining time between low to medium heat. As the prawns are not raw and are pre cooked, we do not want not over cook them.
I did not add any extra salt as being pre coked, the prawns were salty enough. If yours aren’t, adjust the seasoning.
This recipe is also very versatile- enjoy them on their own as an appetizer or as an addition to other ingredients to make a complete meal. For example, you can add some cooked pasta to the pan to make a complete meal. The buttery prawns sing with the flavours of garlic, coriander and the hint of chilli.
Without much ado, continue reading to find the full ingredients list and detailed recipe below. Check out the video too! Hope you will give it a try and like it as much as we do!
Subscribe to Sunita’s World – life and food! to receive updates on latest posts, tips and recommendations straight to your inbox! Simply fill in the details below. Thank you!
Chilli, garlic and coriander prawns
- 280 gms pre cooked and frozen prawns (large), defrosted and drained of excess moisture (just place them in a strainer, but do not pat dry)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 whole fresh chilli, chopped ( I used red ones)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- Heat a pan and add the olive oil.
- Add the crushed garlic and stir continuously over low heat to prevent burning. I took approximately 1-1½ minutes.
- Add the prawns, stir for a few seconds.
- Add the paprika and stir for a few more seconds.
- Add the butter and stir for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the chopped chillies and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
- After the prawns are added to the pan, cook for the remaining time between low to medium heat.
- Enjoy them on their own as an appetizer or as an addition to other ingredients to make a complete meal.
- I did not add any extra salt as the prawns were salty enough. If yours aren’t, adjust the seasoning.
Have a great weekend everyone! Until next time!